Soliloquies 27.1 & 27.2
Soliloquies Anthology is currently seeking applicants for our 2022-23 Editorial Committee!
We are hiring for the following positions:
Social Media Manager
Web Content Creators
We are looking for driven and creative Concordia students who wish to gain experience in the publishing industry and give back to the literary environments of Concordia, Montreal, and Canada. Joining Soliloquies can build up your resume, provide invaluable networking opportunities, and enrich your university experience. These are all volunteer positions, between 5 and 15 hours per week. Find descriptions of the positions below.
Soliloquies Anthology made a lot of changes to the submission process in the 2021/2022 school year in the hopes of highlighting more underrepresented writers. One of the most substantial changes we made was inviting submitters to disclose, if they felt comfortable, their intersectional identities. This allowed the team to ensure we were creating an accurately diverse portrait of the Concordia community.
To further diversify literary spaces, we believe the next step is to welcome underrepresented writers into leadership positions such as our masthead. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, disabled, 2SLGBTQQIPAA+, those who are otherwise affected by structural inequality, such as immigrants, survivors of assault, and anyone subject to marginalization due to class, age, and/or current or former incarceration.
In a similar fashion as our submission process, we invite applicants to disclose these identities in the cover letter if they feel comfortable. Including why you are interested in publishing, how past experience gave you the skills necessary to meet deadlines while juggling a busy school schedule, and your knowledge of our past issues are also encouraged in the cover letter.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by midnight on May 30th, 2022.
- Create eye-catching graphics for calls for submissions, social media content, web content, launch events, etc.
- Format and create a cover page for the issues.
Poetry and Prose Editor
- Read all submissions in selected form (poetry/prose).
- Participate respectfully and actively in the decision of accepted pieces.
- Build rapport with contributors and perform line/copy-edits where needed.
- Compile submissions into packages and send them to the corresponding editors.
- Organize submitters’ info into spreadsheets to keep track of editors’ decisions.
- Proofread web content creators’ work.
- Assist the editors-in-chief in facilitating the decision meetings with poetry/prose editors.
Social Media Manager
- Create aesthetically pleasing social media content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Reply to comments, DMs, and otherwise connect with followers.
Web Content Creator
- Write reviews, interviews, personal essays, and creative pieces about literature for our website and social media.
- Produce polished and grammatically correct work by a deadline.
- Coordinate themes with the Web Content team.